Quick results! After a week my weight loss is starting to show. Not sure why but my back is the most noticeable at the moment. My belly is going down but it isn’t as apparent in the photo I took. However, there are nicer ab looking shadows appearing in places that didn’t have them before and my shirts are fitting a bit better. Can’t wait to see what changes there are after another week/week and a half.
I recently got on a diet. Its a strict low calorie diet for 2 weeks to jump start the weight loss and then it goes to a more flexible 1500 calorie diet for a about a month. And then you continue the cycle until you reach your goal. When you do you stay on a flexible 1500-1800 calorie diet to maintain.
And its tough but I am learning snacking self control, losing weight, drinking a lot of water, tracking like a pro, and eating so healthy it’s ridiculous. I am digging the diet.
There are some things that suck like coffee for breakfast (I do that a lot but it sucks to not have a choice about it), not getting a snack when I want it, not being able to work out as long or as hard as I’d like, not drinking, and on Friday when everyone at work is getting take out (tradition) I can’t. Not perfect.
But the worst part of the diet? People’s negativity in their attempts to be helpful. Suddenly everyone is a nutritionist. So many opinions and suggestions to how I can fix this diet. What they would do. What I should do. Blah blah blah. The funny part is that all the critics are people who want to lose weight and trying to fix their own diets but aren’t. Who try all sorts of different things to lose weight. Eating pure gelatin, fasting, not eating all day and having a large dinner, eating nothing but carrots, specific soups, etc. Not sure how thats healthier than eating a strict amount of chicken, vegetables, fruit, and grains.
But you know what. I am losing weight. A lot of it. And hopefully I keep eating the way I am eating now, keep the snacking low, and the water consumption up when I get to the more flexible diet part. I’m not listening to the naysayers. Just taking it one day at a time.
It’s all about me
There are moments I miss my ex and at those moments I am determined to be successful with my goals. Basically, if I’m going to be single I am going to focus on myself and make ME the person I want to be.
Fuck relationships for now.
Unfuck tomorrow morning
- Wash the dishes in your sink
- Get your outfit for tomorrow together, including accessories
- Set up coffee/tea/breakfast
- Make your lunch
- Put your keys somewhere obvious
- Wash your face and brush your teeth
- Charge your electronics
- Pour a little cleaner in the toilet bowl (if you don’t have pets or children or sleepwalking adults)
- Set your alarm
- Go to bed at a reasonable hour
If I’m going to be getting up in the morning to workout and make time for getting awesomer I need to get into routines like the one above! Get on that shit Mo!
Adam Richman, the former host of the Travel Channel’s Man v. Food has undergone a major weight loss—and is showing off the results in a […]
Holy bejesus! He lost a lot of weight and looks great! They probably photoshopped the picture because its Cosmo but he still made a huge change. Kinda exciting to see that he could lose 60 lbs. It has helped give me some motivation.
New Workout Routine
Okay so my new routine and the reasons behind it:
Monday: Warm Up (light walk run combo), Strength, Cool Down, Dance at some point in the day
Tuesday: Warm Up (dynamic stretches), Distance, Sprint, Cool Down
Wednesday: Warm Up (light walk run combo), Strength, Cool Down, Dance at some point in the day
Thursday: Warm Up (dynamic stretches), Distance, Sprint, Cool Down
Friday: Warm Up (light walk run combo), Strength, Cool Down, Dance at some point in the day
Saturday: Warm Up (dynamic stretches), Distance, Sprint, Cool Down
Sunday: Active Rest Days
Need to build up my endurance. Need to lose the fat. Tada Cardio!
One of the fastest ways to lose weight is with running. As one of the most vigorous exercises out there, running is an extremely efficient way to burn calories and drop pounds.
So I have two different workouts I want to do with running. One for distance. One for speed. Thinking of alternating runs everyday (Mon-Fri).
- For distance: Start off running a 1.5 miles. How long does it take? Stick with that amount of time even if you go longer. After two weeks add another 2 minutes. Every week add another 2 minutes. Just keep doing this. Once you hit an hour stay there. I’m not really interested in running for more than an hour.
- For speed: Sprint 100m. Walk 100m. Do this 8 times.
I am half Hispanic and half Black. You’d think I know how to dance. I unfortunately don’t. It drives me crazy so I’d like to teach myself how to dance. Currently, I don’t have any classes that I want to join just yet, so I am doing videos online. Hey, 13 year old girls learn how to dance using YouYube why can’t I?
Thinking of doing this 3 times a week. Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Need to build up muscle. 2 sets each
I have a lot of lower body. Like, a lot. So why not tone it, strengthen it, and make it look bangin’. If I’m gonna have a big ass might as well be a bubble butt and if my thighs are planning on being huge might as well make them muscular.
- Weighted Squats: with heavy weights x 10
- Plie: with weights x 10
- Deadlifts: with heavy weights x 10
- Bridges and One Leg Bridge: with weight x 10 (each leg for one leg bridge)
- Lunge and Side Lunge: with weight x 10
- Bench Step Ups with weights x 10 (each leg)
- Criss-Cross x 20
Chest and Arms:
My upper body is just plain weak. You would think with such big arms I would be stronger but I’m just fat armed. Its the part of my body I hate the most. Hopefully this will help with the negative body image I feel towards my upper body.
- Bicep Curl with Shoulder Press: with weight x 10
- Row: with weight x 10
- Press: with weight x 10
- Downward Dog to Plank x 20
- High to Low Plank x 20
- Dips x 10
- Assisted Pull-Up x 10
- Push-Up x 10
A lot of derby is core work. I am not nearly as strong as I should be and no where near what I want to be. If I want to beast derby when I get back (btw I quit again) I should have a strong core. I would like to have laser point precision.
- Leg Lifts x 20
- Reverse Crunch x 20
- Plank and Side Plank x 30-60 sec
- Prisoner Get Up x 10
- Star Fish Crunch x 20
- V-Ups x 20
- Woodchop x 10 (each side)
Active Rest Days
On Sundays (and whenever I want for fun) I want to have active rest days where I Hula Hoop, Hike, Ride Bike, and Roller Skate. All the fun things that are still workouts but they aren’t routines.
So yeah plan made. I’m ready!
Mid Year Resolutions
Sometimes you lose yourself and habits and goals fall by the wayside.
I started dating and everything went to shit. The decay of my life had started in November but it fell down around me when I started dating.
But I didn’t care! I had something to put all focus on… A relationship! I ignored the state of my surroundings. Money goals? I can’t pay off my credit cards when I have dates to go on. Cuddling trumps exercising and eating healthy at delicious restaurants is very hard. So hard that I didn’t.
So come June and I am 20lbs heavier than I was at my lightest last summer/fall.
I am devastated. Like really down and out about it. So relationship behavior needs to be reigned in and take on a more realistic and sustainable tone. Dates can’t be food related. I have to eat healthier and my money should be going to becoming debt free. I have to make time to work out. I have to sleep like a normal human being.
So this morning it began. After a solid 7.5 hours of sleep I woke up, worked out, and started my day at a decent time. So many things are out of whack in my life that I need to control one thing. If I can’t control my weight I can’t really control anything in my life.
So two major things.
1. I am a Hartford Wailer ie I made the A team! I am super excited and kinda confused. LOL. After last years A team drama and lots of injuries people self selected themselves unto the A team. So if you tried out, you made it LOL. Which is fine by me. I know I belong there. And I am pretty confident with the people who are on the team. Self selection worked out very well! But last night someone mentioned the rules test we took. So I need to find this out tonight but there may be the chance that if you didn’t pass it you can’t play the WFTDA sanctioned games… lolwut? Thats like the first two games. So tonight I hope they clear that up and tell us if thats true and if so who passed the test or not. And also how to retake that test if you didn’t pass to make sure we can all play because I’ll be damned if a rules test prevents me from playing. LOL But I am not too concerned about that. I feel thats going to work itself out.
2. The fitness stuff has gone to the wayside! In the last two weeks I got sick, got a boyfriend (yay!), and got my period (overshare I know but dear god my desire for bread went thru the roof!) so yeah food has been all sorts of wacky! And workouts? I don’t have time, energy, or on some days the ability to workout (Friday and Saturday I spent all of my free time drugged up on nyquil passed out asleep). So this week I really have to make an effort to get my ass to the gym and to eat well. And I am going to have to go back to morning workouts because my afternoons are no longer guaranteed to be free. Must get back on the workout horse! Gonna be necessary for the Wailers (not just about losing weight anymore but about getting fit!) and gotta make sure not to gain the “I’m dating” weight (my mom already said she would be very upset with me if I started gaining weight… aren’t parents great?)
So here’s the mantra for the week. Working out = A beast on the track. A beast in bed. ;-)
I’ve been pretty non existant at the gym recently. Going to the gym after work is not good when you have something to do after work. Gotta get that figured out soon.
But I’ve been eating well and just those two days a week at derby is apparently just enough exercise to help me keep losing weight. 7 lbs down since Jan 1st. Sweet!
However, I do have to get my ass in gear and figure out a gym routine that works or stop with the afterwork plans.
I lost 2 lbs last week! Weeee! Down 4 in 6 weeks. Ugh. Such a slow going process but hey I am finally on the right track. Finally getting into the habit of working out and not eating crap.
I am actually eating a lot less than in the past. I have to track my intake to see if I am eating at least 1200 calories. If I am then I was eating a lot of calories before and no duh I was fat. if I am not then I’m gonna have to be careful about eating enough. Because not eating enough also keeps you fat (and lowers energy and all that jazz).
But yeah. Burpees, Bodyrock 30 day challenge, started doing agility drills, and back to practice two times a week. Lots of working out!
Yes, I went back to derby. I was going a little stir crazy at home.
But woohoo! Actual progress! It’s exciting ya know? Gotta keep at it.